At our September meeting we will explore a technique for knitting stripes in the round which does not include carrying yarn up the side of your work. Helical knitting is a fun way to incorporate yarns from your stash.
Homework is involved for the meeting. Below are the supplies you will need and the prep for the meeting.
• knitting needles (circular or double points) in US 6 and US 8
• yarn from stash in worsted weight - a main color for knitting the brim of a hat and contrasting yarn (minimum of 2 colors) for knitting stripes.
• Cast-on 88 stitches and join to knit in the round
• Knit a 1 x 1 rib, or 2 x 2 rib for desired length (1.5 to 3 inches in length)
• Switch to larger needles and knit 1 row
At the meeting we will continue the hat pattern. If you have small amounts of worsted yarn in your stash and you would like to share with fellow knitters - please bring to the meeting.
Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 from 6:45 to 8:45 pm
2333 W Sunnyside Ave, Chicago