Several our our board members have decided not to continue on the board in 2020. We are announcing this now so that you can begin thinking about the future of our guild and how you can contribute. Without board members, the guild will not be able to continue in its present form.
The following positions will be open at our November elections:
See the September newsletter for more information regarding these positions.
At our September meeting we will explore a technique for knitting stripes in the round which does not include carrying yarn up the side of your work. Helical knitting is a fun way to incorporate yarns from your stash.
Homework is involved for the meeting. Below are the supplies you will need and the prep for the meeting.
• knitting needles (circular or double points) in US 6 and US 8
• yarn from stash in worsted weight - a main color for knitting the brim of a hat and contrasting yarn (minimum of 2 colors) for knitting stripes.
• Cast-on 88 stitches and join to knit in the round
• Knit a 1 x 1 rib, or 2 x 2 rib for desired length (1.5 to 3 inches in length)
• Switch to larger needles and knit 1 row
At the meeting we will continue the hat pattern. If you have small amounts of worsted yarn in your stash and you would like to share with fellow knitters - please bring to the meeting.
Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 from 6:45 to 8:45 pm
2333 W Sunnyside Ave, Chicago